2.26.2013

We went for a nice walk in the Croatan Forest this weekend. Perfect weather, perfect time of day for the sun to shine down through the trees and make everything a thousand times more beautiful. I ran a while. I felt quiet. I needed some grounding. Being enveloped in the tall trees felt good. Exploring felt good. Having a walking stick and investigating patches of moss felt good. Lung fulls of fresh air felt satisfying. As we left I saw these cocoons on a small plant in the middle of the path. My first instinct after seeing them balancing so precariously on this tender, tiny plant was to grab for them, pluck them off. I walked right by. Not touching them or even stopping to get a closer look. I didn't mean them any true ill will it was kind of like kicking a pine cone as you walk. But seeing nature as it was that vulnerable sitting there open to whatever comes right by created a feeling of openness in me. It reminded me that we must remain open and unprotected to grow. We must take the good and the bad. We must be vulnerable and let nature take its course. We must not try to hold all the answers to the world's and others' problems. Sometimes we just don't know why and we need to be open in case clarity finds us and gives us some answers. I think I've thought I've known a lot for a long time. But realizing I may not and being open takes a lot of weight off of my mind and heart. It's okay to just be. Peace.
















- Cheers and thanks for checking me out!

4 comments:

  1. this is just beautiful!! thank you for sharing! just reading brought me a sense of peace and calm. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site so i came to “return the favor”.

    I am attempting to find things to enhance my website!
    I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

    my site :: overcloud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I enjoy reading through your article. I like to write a little comment to support you.


    Check out my site profitbetkz.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family all the time say that I am wasting my time here at net,
    except I know I am getting familiarity every day by reading such pleasant articles.


    Review my page discount coffee beans

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...