3.01.2012

The DL on Me...In Five Ways

Sooo, my cousin Liz just did a blog post like this and tagged me to answer her questions!  Here goes.

Rules:
  1. Post the rules (that’d be these 5 things here.)
  2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post (below)
  3. Create at least 5 new question.  (Merp)
  4. Tag some peeps and link them to your post.
  5. Let em know they’ve been tagged!

The questions (dun, dun duuuuun):

1. what is your favorite holiday & why?

Hmm, Thanksgiving or Christmas.  Thanksgiving because it kicks off the slightly insane holiday season and I love going to visit family and eating food and just the overall feeling of sharing and love.  I also like to start decorating around this time of year to make the house look festive.  Christmas because, well, it's freaking Christmas!  I don't wake up as early but I sure am excited to see Mason as he opens presents and I like opening my presents and giving/making presents for my family and friends.

2. what character in the movies or in a book do you most identify with & why?

Ha!  First thing that came to mind was Fiver, from Watership Down.  It is one of my all time favorite books and is quite a tale of struggle and trying to save innocence and nature for me.  Fiver reminds me to fight for what is right and to look for a new begining even if you have to change your surroundings.  Wow, never put that into words but that makes me feel good.

3. share one of your most embarrassing moments. give us all the nitty gritty. :)

God, lots of these.  Um, in 7th grade I wore the poufy 90's bangs (wish I had a picture to post!) and I was trying to look super cute while I was talking to this guy I liked who, at the time, was so hugely popular and cool to me.  Blake was his name.  Hahaha!  Well I sneezed and in that motion I looked down and back up quickly and I felt this huge, HUGE wad of snot hit me smack in the forehead.  It was caught all up in my bangs with no real quick way to get it out.  I was mortified and ran to the bathroom and rinsed it out.  He didn't hold it against me though, we dated...for like a month.

4. who has been the most influential person in your life & why?


Ghandi, for all that he represented.  His passion, his loyalty to the cause and his cause.  I wish I had his willpower, I know I do but I wish I implemented it more.

5. if you could quit punching the clock & get paid for doing what you really love, your hobby, what would that be? details!

Um making stuff.  Anything.  Just making stuff for other people.  When I was little I saw that commercial with those starving kids who needed food and I thought you know they probably want a doll or a toy too.  So they can be like other kids and play.  I wanted them to be happy.  So while I was at my Grandma's house I started making dolls from popsicle sticks and wrapped scraps of fabric around them.  They I made friendship bracelets.  Then I had no idea where to send them.  So it all just fell by the wayside.  But I find much happiness in creating and creating mindlessly, which in turn I feel is pretty mindful in the end.

Tag! You’re it!

Christy, Annie, Mona, KynaAlicia, Andy, Mike

Your Questions:  (copy and paste these in your post!)

1.  What is your favorite quote and why?
2.  What will you be doing in five years?
3.  What makes your soul happy, that makes you jump out of bed?  (haha cheesy!)
4.  What is the best party you've ever been to with details and why?
5.  If you had time to volunteer to help out an organization (or if you do already) which organization or cause would it be and how would you help them?
As always thanks for checking me out. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I love that you wanted to do this!! Love y'all & miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...