9.05.2011

Story Time

"I sometimes wake in the early morning & listen to the soft breathing of my child & I think to myself, this is one thing I will never regret & I carry that quiet with me all day long."    - Brian Andreas

Although I'm completely excited about Mason and his new bed situation it means change is about to happen.  If you know me, you know I'm a bit resistant to change.  I battle with it until I realize it's all gonna be okay...Sigh...that's another post for another day!  Ha!

Anyway- I realized that it will be much better to read Mason a story while he's in bed...no more rocking and reading stories before nap and bed time...Ugh, makes my heart ache...how can this little guy be growing up so fast??? 

Well I haven't actually started reading him stories in bed yet...I think I will...soon...but rocking is just fine for right now. 

He loves the bed concept all day, he likes playing on the bed and getting in and out.  He has started talking a lot about "Bubbie's House"...Don't know what that is...

During the night and during nap time he wakes up and puts himself back to sleep after a little whining/crying.  The first night he woke up three times and cried so Mike and I took turns helping him get back to sleep...on the floor!  Last night he woke once and cried himself back to sleep in minutes and woke again so Mike went in to comfort him.  

I really need to buy him a night light and I also want to get him a glow worm!  I loved mine to death.  I hope he will get back to waking comfortably and playing in his room or on the bed until we come and get him.  I don't like that he's stressed about waking up all alone but I guess like all things with little ones, it gets better...

So for now we'll keep rocking and cuddling...Not ready to give that up!

For more fun pictures and tid bits visit me at facebook.com/lindsey.reynolds.bridges and at flickr.com/people/lindseyreynoldsbridges

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...