9.10.2011

Garden Update

I haven't talked much about the garden lately so I thought it was time for an update. Definitely in a transition period right now. A few plants (basil, tomato, peppers) hanging in there after Irene. The zinnias got pretty disheveled as did my lavender bushes which will hopefully regain their vertical momentum after resting this winter. Here are a few pics from our place. In a few weeks I plan to put in some lettuce varieties along with carrots and potatoes for a nice fall crop. I'll probably confer with my neighbor to see what does best for him too since he's been at it for a lot longer than me. He does all above ground growing in five gallon buckets and starts with plants whereas I start from seed in the ground. Also thinking of irrigation ideas foe next year. Mike and I have talked about digging a shallow trench and laying PVC pipe and threading the hose through it so we don't have to drag the huge hose over and trample the plants in the front flower beds. Speaking of which...I have put off weeding the beds all summer long in hopes of most of the weeds dying in winter so I can do it then. We just haven't had a spare moment to get to projects like that and with 100 degree temps who would?!? We've been enjoying ourselves on the beach or lately in the boat!

Hope you have a great weekend!!




Garden in it's current state. Hurricane Irene helped clear out most everything!




Succulent garden




Treats for the birds!




Lots of action on our butterfly bush the last couple weeks! Big pretty butterflies.




Herbs & Zinnias




Little bug man




Loot




Wow! Look at the size of that thing! Golden orb spider.




So serious.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone. Visit me on facebook.lindsey.renolds.bridges.com for more pics and tid bits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...