3.03.2011

A Welcome Design

It's day two of room redo pics!  I thought I'd show you my entryway area.  A little background about what we were going for when we started this whole decorating process.  We had already painted every room in the house so we had a bright color palette to work with.  We wanted an overall feel of something cottage chic, ecclectic, worldly, inviting, warm, tropical - like indonesia or the bahamas.  We also had a tiny budget so Judy suggested using things we already had to create the looks.  We are huge yard salers and love flea market finds which she strongly encouraged for finding unique pieces  to fit in.  She also helped us find some inexpensive versions of things she thought would work.  The round wooden mirror mimicks a porthole on a ship and this ties in to the whole theme, which you will see as we move throughout the rest of this area! 

The living room, entryway, and dining room are all painted Valspar 2009-5 Fall Leaf. 


So here's the entryway now!

We scored this table for $20 at a yardsale.  The lamp was $30 from TJ Maxx.  One crate was a gift for my husband from his sister and the other we found.  These work great for storing my son's toys and keeps things organized.  I'd really like to find a big, fat old planter so I can put a plant on this table but the books and things will do for now.

Close up!

Visit these links for some super chic and fun decorating ideas:
Judy Cook Interiors

Check back for more to come. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of using the beer boxes for toy storage. And I love the natty bo box ;)
    I want that lamp and mirror. I want to see more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...