3.17.2011

Thank you Daylight Savings

The longer days are sooo nice.  Even after work and a trip to the grocery store I get home and it's still light enough for Mason to play in the yard and for me to walk around and take a look at things! 


My new leaf garden art from the Raleigh Flea Market!


My climbing rose bush


A larger rose bush with super fragrant ivory colored blooms


This bush has pink blooms


Got this rose bush from Lowe's in the clearance area. 
Large hot pink blooms!


Minature rose bush with bright orange blooms - this was a Mother's Day present two years ago. 
Thinking I might transplant it back into a pot but it seems to do great in the ground. 
Just thinking it is a great small plant to showcase in a pot.


Sedum in a great container from Tierra Fina


Another sedum that I transplanted from a pot.  I love sedums, they come back with such vigor each year and I love the beautiful shapes and variations of the foliage.  This is a great "how to" type article from Country Living Magazine about creating Container Gardens.  Some areas of my yard are really shaded and I am trying to think of ways to introduce more color and varying heights.  I'm going to try more potted plants in those areas and on my deck this year.


This is an old tray I got at a junk sale.  I love the shape and it's been hanging around in the garage for awhile and I just can't think of anything to do with it.  Yesterday I thought well maybe I can make a sign out of it.  Mike and Mason were playing with sidewalk chalk on the driveway so I just wrote on the tray and I think it turned out cute.  Maybe as the seasons change I can draw or write a new saying on it. 


My new patio addition!


Thought I'd throw in a picture of Mason scrambling to get his ball


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...